When having a baby, mommy has to be on the look out for good and quality products available in the market. But aside from the quality, mommy should also be on top of the budget. Having a baby means having to buy a lot (and I mean A LOT!) of things for baby.
One thing that keeps me motivated to go on breastfeeding Baby Zeeka is that fact that I save a lot on milk. If you give formula, this is how much your baby can consume in a month:
Let’s just say that on the average, a 500g tin can of infant milk is at Php 500. So If you give your baby formula for 6 months, that would be 40 cans X Php 500 = Php 20,000 for 6 months. You get to save that much if you breastfeed.
The other thing that I want to save up on are diapers. Zeeka gets to use 8-10 diapers a day. She used even more during her first month. I spend close to Php 1000 a week for diapers alone. I’m so glad that there are cute cloth diapers that you can use already. They have different designs that you can choose from.
The first brand that I tried were the Cluebebe Diapers. These are made in Indonesia.
Zeeka has these three diapers: the red one, a pink one and a green one. Both the pink (salem pink) and the green (bumble green) one are cover petites. Price for each is at PHP 350.
What do I like about Cluebebe Diaper:
– You can adjust the buttons for to perfectly fit baby.
– The material used for the diaper itself is very soft. It doesn’t cause irritation on Baby Z’s sensitive skin (she got that from me!)
– The outer fabric is waterproof and also, it doesn’t leak easily.
– The inner lining is made out of breathable microfleece that keeps that top dry even if baby pees on it. ece
– Ooooh, I love the velcro since it keeps that diaper fitted on the waist. It doesn’t fall off.
What needs to be improved on?
When we washed the red diaper, the color gets offs. I recently found out that it’s because of the non-toxic color that they use. That type of coloring gets off easily. I was happy that Cluebebe Philippines was happy to replace it. I didn’t have it replaced though, since it didn’t bother me that much anyway.
Isn’t it cute! I will use it one of these days for Baby Z’s Style Corner 🙂 To visit Cluebebe, please click HERE.