I was invited to give a talk about preparing for pregnancy related expenses and baby related expenses by Insular Life of the Philippines. I’m not sure if the talk was already announced, but it’s a free talk. I’ll let you know when it will be and i’ll definitely share it with you here on my blog. These are for couples who are expecting a baby and are wondering how much will it truly cost to prepare and have a baby.
But preparing for a baby and having one is just a part of the whole household budget. It takes great practice, ‘couple’ communication and teamwork and prayers to get through having enough money for all the family’s expenses. But it, of course, takes a lot of knowledge in that aspect of handling money, budgeting and investing to be able to really get by (okay, fine… prayers can only take you so far – I admit!).
One person, who I really consider as a mentor in this field, is Fitz Villafuerte. By just listening to all of his talks, I have learned and have applied a lot of great stuff in handling our family finances. That’s why after my talk on October 26, I highly recommend you to attend this rerun of the FAMILY FINANCES WORKSHOP of Fitz Villafuerte.
Fitz Gerard Villafuerte is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship.
His blog, entitled, Ready To Be Rich, has already received several recognitions including the Best Business and Finance Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards for two years in a row. Moreover, an international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance blogs in the world. Fitz has also been recognized by Moneysense Magazine as among the top 12 most influential people in Personal Finance in the Philippines.
This workshop is for:
• Couples who are finding it hard to budget their income to sustain the needs of their family.
• Breadwinners who are taking care of their parents, or involved in elder care at home.
• Single parents who are finding it hard to achieve work-life balance.
• Newlyweds who would like to know how to become financially independent from their parents.
• People who have relatives who depend on them financially.
Expect to get practical advice and real-life exercises that will teach you exactly how to achieve financial security for your family. After the workshop, you are expected to go home with a list of action items for your household and a concrete work plan that you can immediately apply.
Here are some questions that you’ll be able to answer after the workshop:
1. How can I save money if my income is just enough to support my family?
2. How do I teach my child to be financially smart?
3. How should I handle family members and relatives who constantly borrow money?
4. How do I manage my finances so it can support the medical expenses of my aging parents?
5. How can I invest if I’m too busy working and taking care of my children?
6. How do I secure the educational needs of my child?
7. How can I afford my dream house?
8. How should I prepare for retirement, so I won’t be dependent on my children when I grow old?
Date: Saturday, November 9, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Venue: Studio SnR, 3rd Floor, Millenium Place, Meralco Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines 1605
*Please bring a calculator
For a Php 200 discount, don’t forget to use MOMMYGINGER for the Blogger Referral code:
Sign up now using this form:
Take advantage of our early bird rate of Php 1,700 by registering and paying on or before November 2, 2013 or you can bring along your partner and avail of the couple rate of Php 3,000 per couple.
Sign up now!