I was telling a friend recently that having a vision board really helps a lot in achieving my financial goals. I have this vision board (more like a vision paper, since it’s just in one sheet of bond paper) that I taped to the wall in front of my bed. I did this so that when, I’m contemplating during the evenings, I can stare at it and become more motivated to save up so that I have enough to invest.
Recently, we have been reviewing our family’s finances and I think we’re doing pretty okay in that department (not excelling, but at least we’re okay). What we really want to eliminate are debts. We have a lot of credit card debts and of course, we have to pay off our mortgage. I say that we are pretty “okay” even with all of these debts, since we have a plan on how we could pay it off.
How about you? Do you have a plan for your our finances? How about your family’s finances? If you are still uncertain, join us for the Ready to be be Rich Family Finances Workshop. This will be on September 20, 2014 from 10am to 4pm. It will be at the vOffice Philippines Branch – 10th floor Fort Legend Tower in Bonifacio Global City!
This workshop is for:
• Couples who are finding it hard to budget their income to sustain the needs of their family.
• Breadwinners who are taking care of their parents, or involved in elder care at home.
• Single parents who are finding it hard to achieve work-life balance.
• Newlyweds who would like to know how to become financially independent from their parents.
• People who have relatives who depend on them financially.
Expect to get practical advice and real-life exercises that will teach you exactly how to achieve financial security for your family. After the workshop, you are expected to go home with a list of action items for your household and a concrete work plan that you can immediately apply.
Here are some questions that you’ll be able to answer after the workshop:
1. How can I save money if my income is just enough to support my family?
2. How do I teach my child to be financially smart?
3. How should I handle family members and relatives who constantly borrow money?
4. How do I manage my finances so it can support the medical expenses of my aging parents?
5. How can I invest if I’m too busy working and taking care of my children?
6. How do I secure the educational needs of my child?
7. How can I afford my dream house?
8. How should I prepare for retirement, so I won’t be dependent on my children when I grow old?
Fitz Gerard Villafuerte, RFP is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship. In 2014, he became a registered financial planner.
His blog, entitled, Ready To Be Rich, has already received several recognitions including the Best Business and Finance Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards for two years in a row. Moreover, an international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance blogs in the world. Fitz has also been recognized by Moneysense Magazine as among the top 12 most influential people in Personal Finance in the Philippines.
To sign up, please visit this link: FAMILY FINANCES WORKSHOP