Last year, my one word was FEEL. This year, I want to make my life simpler. Last year was a great year but I noticed that a lot of the unnecessary stress that I felt was because I had so many things on my mind. My to-do list reached 4 full pages on my notebook. I was working simultaneously with different project management platforms. I had numerous windows opened every time I worked. I noticed that I would open a window every time something else would cross my mind.
I just feel that I need to get it together this year. I realized that the reason why I rush through life and I don’t get to FEEL things as much is because I have so many things that I’m doing. I think this year, I need to take it easy and focus on the essential stuff. My one word for 2016 is #Simplify.
So, what are the things that I will do differently this year? Here are some of the things that I will do:
- Fix schedules with the different businesses that I have.
- Use technology more for meetings, like Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Use my little Moleskine planner for note taking for meetings. Use my CBTL planner for my To-Do list.
- Don’t reply to emails after 8pm.
- Wake up at 6AM every day so that I can run and i’ll have enough time to blog in the morning.
- Learn to say “no” to projects that are not aligned with my overall goals and if I really can’t accommodate it into my schedule.
- Always go back to the basics when thinking of strategies for the business.
- Outsource things that can be outsourced. Automate things that can be automated.
- Learn how not to overthink things.
- Learn to relax and enjoy 🙂 (haha! #10 makes me sound like such a boring person… I think I am pala!)
There! These are the things that I will do to make my life simpler.
How about you? Have you thought of your one word for this year? Here are some links that can help you figure out what your one word will be for this year.
I have been doing this exercise since 2013. It has really helped me a lot decide and act on things. How about you? Have you thought about what your one word will be for 2016? Do share it with me by leaving a comment below! Please do share! I’d love to talk to you here!