Opening a Sole Proprietorship Business In Taguig: Municipal Hall Process

Opening a Sole Proprietorship Business in Taguig is quite easy. I love that my business address is in Taguig. I heard a lot of horror stories with people who tried to register their businesses in other municipalities. I love that Taguig has a brochure that would give you the step by step process on how to apply for a business permit in Taguig. They have what they call the Business Permits & Licensing Office or the BPLO.

This is a copy of their brochure:
BPLO Flyer

For mompreneurs who’s thinking of opening a sole proprietoership business like me, these are the business requirements/documents that you need to prepare:
1. Application form duly filled up and Notarized and with the location sketch of the place of business
2. Current Barangay Clearance (which you can also get from one of the offices of the Taguig Local goverment in Market! Market!)
3. Zoning Clearance
4. DTI registration/certificate
5. Real Property Tax (RPT)
6. Lessor permit of Lessor and photocopy of Lease Contract or affidavit of consent (no need if you own the place)
7. Occupancy permit (again, not needed when you own the place)
8. 2×2 picture of owner
9. 3R Size picture of establishment
10. List of employees and their addresses
11. Community Tax Certificate (CEDULA)
12. Official receipt of Insurance Policy (comprehensive general liability)
13. Official Receipt of Fire safety Insurance certificate

Be sure that you really gather and create a document for each of the item below before going to Taguig BPLO for opening a sole proprietorship business. For the list of employees, I even had to create a document with just my name on it (since I don’t have people under me or with me). After gathering all of these things, go to the BPLO office at the 3rd floor of Market! Market! and go to the desk that says assessment. They will check all of your documents for you.

I had to change my cedula because it was issued in Pasig. You should have a cedula from the place where you will register. You will also have to get the Zoning Clearance. There is another desk there where you can get that. After which, you will also have to get the Comprehensive General Liability Insurance. There are accredited partners and they are also situated within the area.

During assessment, the only thing that made me raise my eyebrow is that they raised my capital from Php 5,000 to Php 100,000. They said that the minimum was really at Php 100,000. Can you imagine that? Being an events coordinator would not require you to spend Php 100,000 for capital! Β Oh well… I didn’t want to argue anymore . I hope that the local government does something about this. I don’t think it’s fair for those who want to go into business to be treated that way, just because their policy says that this is the minimum.

I submitted all the documents and my application is subject for approval. I have the occupancy permit that i have to submit, but I still have to get it from our Administration office.

Whew! At least, just one more document before I go to the BIR.

For licensing, be prepared with at least Php 5,000 with you. For theΒ Comprehensive General Liability, the policy will depend on how big the area of business is. For a 72 sqm area, I had to pay around Php 3700. So all in all, fees that I paid were around Php 9000.

I hope this helps you out, especially thoseΒ entrepreneursΒ who want to start a business in Taguig.

Mommy Ginger

Mommy Ginger








  1. cristina angeles :

    i would just like to know how will i get cedula and zoning clearance?can i get it from the city hall?and about the pictures of the place,it will be my house i will just have provisions for my office since its also a service type business that i have.

  2. Hi, thanks so much for posting this, we are also thinking of registering a sole prop in taguig. Do you mind sharing with me how much it cost you for everything and how long it took? We can actually ask an agency to help us and they said it will cost 28000 pesos, and my friends says the fee is super expensive na.
    Well, if you could give me an idea, I’d appreciate it. Email me is fine too. πŸ™‚ thanks!

  3. Hi! I would just like to ask, for the RPT, if I am just home based, I will just use my own condo unit? Is this acceptable? Thanks.

    • Hi Grace! You have to ask your condo admin / board of directors if they will allow you to use your condo address. As for the DTI certificate, I got it at the DTI branch at the Atrium building in Makati. Unfortunately, the business permit has to be processed in the municipality of where your business address is located πŸ™‚

  4. Sorry, and another thing, for the DTI certificate, where did you process this? Do they also have this in the same place where you will process your business permit? Thanks a lot.

  5. For the DTI certificate, you can actually get this at any DTI-NCR branch BUT I highly suggest the Pasay branch because they are super bait and maasikaso. It’s located at Mezzanine Floor, Roxas Strip Bldg., Roxas Blvd. corner Arnaiz Avenue, Pasay City (in front of AIMS school). You may call them first if you’d like to verify – 659-4203.

  6. I’m glad I saw this post. I’m setting up a business, too. It’s home based but I’m a tenant so most likely the condo admin will not allow me to use the residential address as a business address. My plan is to rent a business address in BGC. I’m curious about the real property tqx requirement though. How do I go about it?

    Plus regarding DTI I think we can do that online. Can pay with Gcash or Bancnet if I’m not mistaken. And you can download your certificate, too! πŸ™‚ I’ll let you guys know how that turns out.

    • Hi Mindy! πŸ™‚ You can try to use VOffice. They are located in BGC and they have helpful staff. Don’t forget to tell them that I referred you and they will give you 1 month free πŸ™‚ For the property tax requirement, they ask you for that if you own the place, but I don’t think they will require you to submit that if you are just renting out space. They will ask though for the contract that you have with vOffice. πŸ™‚

      • Thanks for the tip. I’ve emailed them months ago and just this weekend again so I’m not sure if they will give me a free month if I just mention the referral out of the blue but I will try hahaha. Thanks for your clarification on the real estate tax. πŸ™‚ Last na, for the barangay and zonjng clearance do I have to go get that sa barangay office talaga? If so… then noooooooooooooo!!!!!! Arte lang hehehehehe.

      • HI, i know this post was like 4 yrs ago. Ok ba yung vOffice. I’m aiming na kunin sila. How can I get free 1 month? Do i need to apply online lang ba? Nagoofice ako sa BGC (full time work ko) then tawid lang yung isang inooffer nila na virtual office. Gusto ko rin voffice para mas madali mag papermit ng business. Yung condo ko kasi di pa naturnover so wala ko choice.

  7. Hello, thanks for your very informative article. I have a question regarding capital. Did they raise it on the second year when you renewed? Normally they raise it, well here in QC they do and most of the time it’s unrealistic. What’s your experience? Thanks in advance πŸ™‚

  8. When they changed your capital from Php5000 to Php100,000, did it affect anything?

  9. Hi! I’m setting up my business as an event coordinator but I’m working on the go (i use coffee shops as my office), is that okay when I register my business in taguig?

    Thank you!

    • Hi Maane! I suggest that you get the virtual office package of either MyOffice or VOffice πŸ™‚ Then, use Taxumo for tax payment and processing πŸ™‚ Let me know if you need help!

  10. Hi again! Thank you for your response. I have another question though, what requirements do I need for the zoning clearance?

    Thank you!

  11. Yvonne Grace Cullo :

    Hi Maam,

    May I ask if pwede po bang 3D sketch sa Zoning Certificate Requirements or magdrawing talaga ako?.
    Thank you.

  12. Pwede po ba kumuha ng bussiness permit ng online travel agency pero tagging lng po ang residence kasi under pa siya sa asosasyon.from creekand hagonoy taguig.thanks.

  13. Hi Ms. Ginger! Where can we get the Official Receipt of Fire safety Insurance certificate? We’re registering in Taguig too. Thank you!

  14. Hi! This a was a big help and thank you for posting this. I have a question though, where and what are the requirements to get the sanitary permit and fire safety certificate in taguig? It’s for a single prop business. Hope you could answer. Thank you!

Leave a Comment