I was in the shower a few minutes ago and I was thinking about business, relationships and breakups. I was thinking about it since me and my single friends were talking about it last night. It has been years since my last break-up and I must say, all of my break-ups were uneventful, except probably the first one. For those of you who know me or for those of you who constantly read my blog, you would probably know that I’m not really that emotional about stuff anymore. Don’t get me wrong. I used to be super emotional. My sister would call me the drama queen, since my life was one big drama.
I don’t know. I guess things changed. Now, my life is all about business and helping other people. I guess, I just got sick and tired of all the drama in my life.
Now, a while ago, weird as it may sound, I was thinking of some analogies of business and relationships. In my head, I was looking at different types of people and I was going through different scenarios and thinking of how business and relationships are alike in many ways.
Types of People
Business: There are people who invest so much into a business and get super disappointed when there is little return on investment or no return at all.
Relationships: There are people who invest so much into relationships and get disappointed when they give more into the relationship than their partners.
Business: There are people who start out super excited with a business idea and concept and give it all they have got. But somewhere along the way, they realize that it’s not something that they want to do anymore.
Relationships: There are people who fall head over heels in-love and the first few years are like heaven on earth. But somewhere along the way, they realize that what they felt was just infatuation and that they were just in love with the idea of love.
Business: There are people who just want to keep on doing the things that they are doing and just don’t want to start their own business. They are happy that way.
Relationships: There are people who decide that they don’t want to go into any kind of relationship, even marriage. They are just happy being single.
Business: There are people who are happy with the business that they have started even if they have bumps and a lot of huge challenges along the way. They just get through it and deal with it. Lucky bastards!
Relationships: There are people who are happy with the relationship or marriage that they have. They may encounter a lot of little and even huge challenges, but in the end, they still survive, make it work and are happy with their decision.
Business: There are people who are stuck in a business because they have already signed the SEC and legal documents. They just pretend and work half-heartedly to make the business work and survive just to get by.
Relationships: There are people who have decided to settle down and stand path with the decision to marry that they made since they know it’s a commitment. Even if they aren’t happy anymore, what can they do, right?
Business: There are people who just created a business, but feel like something is missing or they feel impatient waiting for their ROI. They then tend to dabble into other different businesses just to see if they can get something out from those other endeavors.
Relationships: There are people who are in current relationships, but who feel that something is missing or that they can’t wait for marriage anymore. They then feel that they need to still look around and play the field, just in case there is someone out there who’s a better match for them.
Ang pag-ibig parang negosyo…
– Minsan alam mo na ngang charity work, gusto mo paring i-pursue.
– Kumakapit ka lang as business idea mo kasi natatakot kang wala ka nang maisip na iba.
– Alam mo na ngang lugi ka, pero ayaw mong bitawan kasi mawawalan ka na ng negosyo at akalain ng tao, petiks ka nalang.
– Alam mo na ngang mali yung business idea mo at di ka kikita pero go lang kasi masaya ka naman.
– Alam mo na ngang mali yung pinili mong business partner, pero di ka na umatras kasi may SEC registration na at pumirma na sya.
– Alam mo na ngang gusto ng potential partner mo bumalik sa corporate world, pilit ka parin ng pilit na magnegosyo kayo together.
– Alam mo na ngang malulugi ka, umiyak ka parin at di ginawan ng paraan.
– Alam mo na ngang di maganda yung dynamics nyo ng business partner mo, niyaya mo parin sya sa bagong negosyo mo.
– Dasal ka ng dasal na sana magwork ang business mo pero di ka naman nagwo-work. Haller?
– Nagtitiis ka i-figure out kung paano mag-flafly yung business mo, kasi maganda sa papel at pitch deck (gusto mo talaga syang gawin), kaso wala talagang market.
– Gustong gusto mo yung business idea, kaso may nakagawa na… awww.
Haha! Sharing some #hugotsss lang this Monday afternoon 🙂
Do you want to share more #hugots? Pwede naman. Haha!
Haha! Great article gah! Alin ka sa mga analogy/scenario mo? Hmmmm???? 😉
Hahaha! Nakakatawa naman ito, Ginj! Gusto ko ang analogy #4 kasi ganyan ang married life ko, pero so far, mukhang nasa analogy #6 moving on to, hopefully, #4. Enjoy your day! Teka, kelangan ko raw magpalit ng business name ko dahil taken na pala. Sige go na ako! Pero may ka-meeting akong client in an hour for a workshop. Hihi!