Mommy Ginger was a guest speaker at the Setting up Mommy’s FB (Finances for Baby) Event at Mothercare Active Fun. I was invited by Insular Life to speak. It was actually my first time to have a talk which was not either about mompreneurship, business or digital marketing. Normally, I would get invited to speak for those topics. I was really excited because I really wanted to talk about this topic.
I know that one of the things that hinders a couple from having a baby is their finances. They always think that their money is not enough. A lot of my friends, who have stable jobs and great marriages, don’t have a child yet because a lot of them are still ‘saving up’ for a kid. In my blog, I get a lot of messages through my Mommy Ginger Facebook Page on how much do you actually need for the following:
1. Preparing for conception: How much would doctor’s fees, shots and vaccines (HPV, Flu shots, etc.), medicines cost for if you and your husband are still preparing for a child?
2. How much would you need to set aside for shopping for your baby’s things?
3. How much would you need for Ultrasounds, OB check-ups, etc.
4. How much would you need for labor and delivery
5. How much would you need for baptism, the child’s first birthday party, etc.?
6. How much would you need for education?
For those who want a copy of my presentation, all you need to do is like my page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/mommyginger) and send me a message there with your email address! 🙂 I will definitely get back to you and email you back the copy of the presentation.
For those who want to learn more about finances, my friend, Fitz Villafuerte is having a Family Finances workshop on Nov. 9, 2013. I would love to meet all of you there. You can register HERE: http://manilaworkshops.com/2013/10/family-finances-oct-2013.html
The organizers will also give Php 200 off from the rates if you place MOMMYGINGER in the Blogger Referral Code field in the form.
Thank you to all those who attended the talk. I hope that you learned a lot from me. Thank you very much, Insular Life and Mothercare Philippines! ‘Til the next event 🙂