I’m in my 30’s and I admit that I don’t have a super model or even just an ordinary model’s figure. I have a few stretch marks on my tummy and I have this dark scar of my C-section that will always remind me that I bore a child. I have a body mass index or BMI that is normal, but of course, it could be better if I didn’t have any cravings for Lechon Kawali or Crispy Pata. I dream of having the waist line of Marian and the fabulous abs of Gisele Bundchen (http://www.shape.com/celebrities/celebrity-photos/25-female-celebrities-awesomely-toned-abs/) but I don’t know if it is still achievable. I think it still is, but women our age need to be more disciplined and more patient. Plus, we will need all the help we can get to have an amazing Mommy Tummy!
I got to talk to a few women on how they plan to achieve amazing mommy tummies and here are some of their tips:
1) Drink lots and lots of water!
One tactic of a friend is to drink a lot of water. Drinking a lot of water can help make you feel full. If you feel full, you avoid eating junk food. There are times at night, I don’t know if this is true with you, too, when you lay down on your bed and you feel like you finally have time for yourself. You look around and for some reason, you want to open a bag of chips! This has happened to me several times. Why not try to get a bottle of water and drink up!
2) Be conscious of having good posture.
When I underwent yoga teacher training, one of the things that I love doing is to instruct my students to feel the sides of their waist being pulled inside and upward. If you try to feel this, you will see that you are actually sitting up and standing up straighter. Also, people who have good postures tend to look thinner in pictures!
3) Avoid unwanted Stretch marks by realizing that prevention is better than cure!
I have this loose flab of fat around my tummy area and I know that when I drop three- five sizes smaller (yes, I am being optimistic about it already!), I know that I will have Stretch Marks if I don’t take care as early as now. As early as now, I am using Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretch marks. Palmers also has Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch marks, Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter, Cocoa Butter Formula Soothing Oil for Dry Itchy Skin, Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter, Cocoa Butter Formula Post Natal Firming Lotion and Rose Hip Skin Therapy Oil (60mL). I love Palmer’s products because these are super effective and they have a lovely, yummy scent! The products also contain 100% pure Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E which all help in the process of skin repair, deep hydration and reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Here are the different products that I mentioned and a description of each:
Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretch marks
– Helps improve the appearance of stretch marks with a special combination of Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E, Collagen, Elastin, and Shea Butter.
– It keeps the skin moisturized and relieves the dryness associated with stretched skin due to pregnancy and water loss.
Cocoa Butter Massage Cream for Stretch marks
– A cream perfect for targeted problem areas such as the belly, buttocks and breasts.
– Formulated to improve elasticity and moisture content of the skin.
Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter
– Contains Bio C-Elaste which is widely recommended for stretch marks during and after pregnancy and weight loss.
– Bio C-Elaste is a powerful combination of Collagen, Elastin, Centella Asiatica, Sweet Almond Oil and Argan Oil.
– The addition of Lavender creates a soothing and relaxing night time treatment.
Cocoa Butter Formula Soothing Oil for Dry Itchy Skin
– Moisturizes and softens dry, itchy skin associated with pregnancy.
– Maintains the skin’s elasticity and firmness.
– Comes in a convenient pump spray.
Cocoa Butter Formula Post Natal Firming Lotion
– Helps firm and tone the skin
– Replenishes moisture loss in the skin, contains Collagen to help firm and tone and Elastin to give skin suppleness.
– Contain anti-oxidant properties such as Vitamin E smooth the skin.
Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter
– Specifically designed to restore the body to its natural, original firmness any time, even after pregnancy or weight loss.
– Helps soothe and relieve the body.
Rose Hip Skin Therapy Oil (60mL)
– Contains Rose Hip, Sesame & Canola oil.
– Rose Hip contains antioxidants that is good for dark spots and scars.
– Sesame & Canola oil: fatty acids that help protect and hydrate the skin.
– Helps combat scars, marks, dry and aging skin.
So, how do you use these products?
2-3 Months – Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for Stretchmark (I actually use this as the lotion that I use on a dialy basis when I know that I’m planning to lose weight!)
4-5 Months – Cocoa Butter Massage Cream & Tummy Butter
6-7 Months – Cocoa Butter Soothing Oil for dry, itchy skin
Post pregnancy – Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter & Post Natal Firming Lotion
Lovely ladies, I have great news for you! Palmer’s and I have partners to help you achieve that Amazing Mommy Tummy! You will win the following products by just joining this giveaway.
This giveaway is open to participants from Metro Manila 🙂 I will choose one lucky winner on July 27, 2015 via Randomizer.org 🙂
All you need to do to earn a raffle entry are these three simple steps:
1) Follow these two accounts on Instagram: @rustansthebeautysource and @mommyginj
2) Share the poster above using #AmazingMommyTummy on Facebook and tag Rustan’s The Beauty Source Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RustansTheBeautySource) and Mommy Ginger (https://www.facebook.com/mommyginger) Be sure to set your status for public viewing so we can check your post.
3) Leave a comment in this blog post telling me more about your Mommy Tummy! It can be another tip that you would like to share, your struggles in achieving an amazing mommy tummy or just giving a shout-out or encouragement to other moms who want to achieve Amazing Mommy Tummies! Then leave your Full Name, email address (so that we can contact you), your Instagram account and your link to the shared poster 🙂
Good luck, Ladies! One winner will get to take home these amazing prizes from Palmer’s! Again, I will choose the winner on July 27, 2015.
I can’t wait to hear more from you about your #AmazingMommyTummy Journey!