There is something incredibly exciting about watching your small business grow from strength to strength. It is a testament to your commitment, hard work, and creative vision – all of which deserve to be celebrated. However, once you have conquered the local market, you may wonder what the next logical step is when it comes to growing your brand. One way in which you can do this is by going ‘global’ – by offering your products and services to an international audience.
With that in mind, here are some top tips you can use to turn your small business into a global brand!
- In order to appeal to customers across the globe, you must ensure that you are providing quality products and services. This means that you should focus on developing your business instead of running with one good idea.
- Focus on building your brand’s reputation by cultivating a strong social media presence. This is usually the most effective way of bringing in new customers, as they can access your content with just a few clicks of their mouse. Be sure that you don’t miss a trick by experimenting with social media trends.
- Conduct thorough market research into your target audience, which may vary slightly country by country. You should also ensure that you take your products to the right market – for example, is there a demand for the product you are selling in this country? Is this something that you can garner interest around?
- Another way in which you can turn a local business into a global enterprise is by tailoring your content to your audience in each country. For example, you should ensure that you have a multi-language website – so that your content is easily accessible. This will make it easier for clients who speak a different language to access your website and make a purchase.
- Research the way in which different countries market and sell their products – this means that you can find the best way to appeal to your customers no matter where they may live in the world.
- Once you have a website up and running, you are ready to begin selling your products to a global audience. However, this can be a costly procedure – especially when it comes to international shipping. Thankfully, by working alongside companies such as UniShippers, you can save money on international shipping while simultaneously providing your customers with excellent, speedy services.
- As with any business, communication is key. Therefore, you should ensure that your customers across the globe are able to get in contact with you or a member of your team no matter when they are shopping. Whether this means they talk to you through email, online, or over the phone.
- As your company grows, ensure that you are bringing in new staff. This can help you manage your current workload, connect with customers and bring new ideas into the company. For example, if your brand is performing well in a particular country – you could set up an office space there too.
P.S. Sharing this article that was written by my friend Rafael Rivero: https://cognity.substack.com/p/localization-an-alternative-way-to