For the month of September, Manila Workshops brings you two exciting workshops: The Family Finances Workshop on Sept. 20, 2014 and the A Child is Born: A Breastfeeding and New Born Care Workshop on Sept. 27, 2014.
The Family Finances Workshop (Sept. 20, 2014)
*From the Ready To Be Rich Workshop Series
This workshop is for:
• Couples who are finding it hard to budget their income to sustain the needs of their family.
• Breadwinners who are taking care of their parents, or involved in elder care at home.
• Single parents who are finding it hard to achieve work-life balance.
• Newlyweds who would like to know how to become financially independent from their parents.
• People who have relatives who depend on them financially.
Expect to get practical advice and real-life exercises that will teach you exactly how to achieve financial security for your family. After the workshop, you are expected to go home with a list of action items for your household and a concrete work plan that you can immediately apply.
Here are some questions that you’ll be able to answer after the workshop:
1. How can I save money if my income is just enough to support my family?
2. How do I teach my child to be financially smart?
3. How should I handle family members and relatives who constantly borrow money?
4. How do I manage my finances so it can support the medical expenses of my aging parents?
5. How can I invest if I’m too busy working and taking care of my children?
6. How do I secure the educational needs of my child?
7. How can I afford my dream house?
8. How should I prepare for retirement, so I won’t be dependent on my children when I grow old?
Fitz Gerard Villafuerte, RFP is a civil engineer who decided to quit the corporate world in 2003 to pursue entrepreneurship. In 2014, he became a registered financial planner.
His blog, entitled, Ready To Be Rich, has already received several recognitions including the Best Business and Finance Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards for two years in a row. Moreover, an international finance publication, Wise Bread, has likewise ranked his website as among the Top 100 Personal Finance blogs in the world. Fitz has also been recognized by Moneysense Magazine as among the top 12 most influential people in Personal Finance in the Philippines.
Date: Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Venue: VOffice, 10F Fort Legend Tower, 3rd Avenue and 31st Street, Bonifacio Global City Taguig
*Please bring a calculator
Php 2000 per participant or Php 3000 per couple
A Child Is Born: A Breastfeeding And Newborn Care Workshop (Sept. 27, 2014)
*From the First Time Parents Workshop Series
This workshop is for:
• Couples who would like to know more about breastfeeding and how to breastfeed
• Couples who are preparing for their new born baby and would like to know what to do when the baby is born
This workshop is brought to you by Manila Workshops, together with Best For Families, Inc, Unilab and Stemcord Philippines, Inc. This session takes place on September 27, 2014, 1:00PM to 5:00PM at #29 1st St., New Manila Quezon City. Join this workshop and learn the basics on baby milestones, newborn baby care and breastfeeding from two distinguished speakers, Dr. Milette P. Romero and Ms. Joyce Martinez.
Dr. Milette P. Romero is a practicing pediatrician who graduated from the UST College of Medicine. She trained in Pediatrics at the Department of Pediatrics, East Avenue Medical Center, Diliman, Quezon City, and was awarded the Most Outstanding Resident of the North Integrated Residency Training Program during her Senior Year of Residency Training. She was also named Assistant Chief Resident of the Department of Pediatrics at the East Avenue Medical Center during her final year of training. She presently holds clinics at the MediCard Ortigas Clinic, at Express Medical Center in Robinson’s Galleria, and her personal clinic in Makati. Soon, she will be opening another clinic at the Medical Arts Tower in The Medical City, Ortigas. A doting godparent to her sister’s children, she possesses a natural love for children, which is what inspired her to pursue a career in the field of Pediatrics.
Ms. Joyce Martinez is a certified lactation counselor, and is the in-house lactation counselor of Medela Moms. She is a registered nurse who also served as a Lactation Manager at St. Lukes Medical Center, Global City. She earned her Nursing Degree from the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, and followed up with a Master of Science in Nursing Degree at UERMMMC Graduate School. She also conducts presentations and academic talks on the ABC’s of Lactation Management for Nurses, as well as Breastfeeding Classes for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers. A breastfeeding advocate, she provides lactation coaching and counseling, not just for breastfeeding and pregnant mothers, but also for their families, while actively organizing and promoting national breastfeeding campaigns.
Individual Rate: Php 300
Couple’s Rate: Php 500
See you in both workshops! Sign up now!