I was nominated by my friend, Glaiza from Moomymusings.com . I actually didn’t know what it was until I read her post. It seemed fun to join, so I did!
What is the Sunshine Award?
I think it was created by bloggers as a way to brighten up each other’s day, and to recognize each other’s well-done blogging work.
What are the rules?
Answer 11 questions with random facts about yourself asked by your nominee.
Forward the recognition by choosing 11 other blogs and ask the bloggers 11 questions about themselves.
Now, here are the answers to Glaiza’s questions! 🙂
What do you think of my blog, www.moomymusings.com?
I love that you are always very personal when you write. I love reading your entries. I also think that you really put effort and time in writing your articles. Keep it up, Mommy Glaiza!
What do love most about blogging? Any favorite blog post?
What I love most about blogging is that I get to share my personal experiences with people and I get to help those who want to become entrepreneurs by just sharing what I know and practice. Hmm, a favorite blog post? That’s a tough one. It’s usually hard when it’s your own writing that you choose from.
I guess, I would have to say that it would be my first post, where I share my reason for blogging:
A Love Letter to Zeeka
My other favorite is The Big Leap: My Story which shares the story of how I became a WAHM / mompreneur.
What is the sweetest reward for you as a mommy blogger?
The sweetest reward would be more time spent with my daughter. Who doesn’t want more family time? I get to spend the whole day with Zeeka and I wouldn’t trade that for anything else.
If you are not blogging, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I love strolling around BGC and going to coffee shops. I just love going out. I can’t stand being in front of the computer the whole day. I need to get out at least an hour a day. I also love going on the treadmill. For some weird reason, I get to think clearly when I run or jog. I’m weird like that!
What are the five things that you don’t leave the house without?
1. Iphone and Iphone charger (I always run out of battery) — does that count as two? (it does probably =P)
2. Pen and Paper (again, two items BUT they go hand in hand)
3. Obviously, my wallet
4. a hanky (I have rhinitis… :<)
5. Comb and my goody pony tail
Name one thing that you consider to be a mommy-must-have.
With a baby? A nursing cover
With and Without a baby? A pen and paper. I usually need it for ‘something’ — something just comes up.
My husband and I are movie buffs; and watching films together is our bonding moment. What activities do you enjoy doing with your partner?
Same here! We love watching movies and downloads!
What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
I’m not an endorser but I super love a tub of Chef Tony’s Jalapeno Cheddar popcorn. I would kill for these! I can eat a whole tub in one sitting.
What is the best advice did you receive when you became a mom?
Hmmm, respect your children (even when they are just babies). They are people, too.
What is your parenting style? Are you a spoiler or a disciplinarian?
I think i’m a little bit of both. I think you can’t ‘fully’ be one or the other.
Do you believe in the saying, “spare the rod, spoil a child”? What is your view of spanking?
I believe in not hurting a child. I haven’t thought about how I am going to discipline Zeeka yet, but I would love to avoid anything violent and physical.
For my Sunshine Award, I am giving this back to these amazing mom bloggers:
1. Neva (ManilaMommy.com)
2. Martine (MakeitBlissful.com)
3. Frances (mommytopaz.com)
4. Patty (MrsPCuyugan.com)
5. Fleur (MommyFleur.com)
6. Cai (applesanddumplings.com)
7. Michelle (mymomfriday.com)
8. Tina (trulyrichmom.com)
9. Nikki (Askmewhats.com)
10. Michelle (beyondsilverandgold.com)
11. Toni (wifelysteps.com)
Now for my questions:
1. This January, I would like to learn more about my brand and I would like to know people’s perception about me. When you think of Mommy Ginger (as a person or as a brand), how do you see her? Give me three words or adjectives that would clearly describe Mommy Ginger 🙂
2. Also, for this year, my one word is health. With this, I would love to share tips on how to be healthy and how your kids can be healthy. Can you help me? Share one tip on on to be healthy.
3. I’m just curious…until when will you blog? Is it something that you see yourself doing forever?
4. My mission as a blogger is to help mompreneurs start their own businesses while balancing time for family and for themselves. How about you? What is your blogging mission? What do you want to accomplish by blogging?
5. What is your best blog entry? (sorry, copied this from Glaiza, because I really want to read your best blog entry)
6. If you were to convince someone to blog, what would you tell them.
7. Who are your blogging idols?
8. How do you see yourself 5 years from now?
9. What’s the best thing about having children?
10. If you had the ability to change anything in the world, what would you change?
11. What is your best achievement so far? What are you proud of? 🙂
There! I really thought about these questions so I hope you enjoy answering them. Looking forward to reading all of your answers! 🙂