When setting up a blog or a website, it’s good to know the basics of handling your content management system or CMS. The CMS is your window to everything that you want to do with your site. If you want to upload pictures, write an article, add a video, etc., you log into your content management system and you add them all there or edit or delete things from there. The content management system that I use for all of my blogs and website is WordPress.
I started using WordPress in 2008 and it was so convenient for me. Burn Gutierrez and I would like to share with you, through the Webinar Series called Enter Entrepreneurship, on how easy it is to start a blog or a website. We have invited Mr. Jerome Esperanza to help us demystify WordPress.
Who is Jerome Esperanza?
Jerome is an active freelance web developer and trainer for over a decade now and has built his web expertise from projects of various fields, specializations and areas, and has gained considerable web skills while working for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) funded Partnerships in the Environmental Management for the Seas of East Asia (PEMSEA), Accenture Philippines, American Recreation Club of the U.S. Embassy Manila, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the Department of Health (DOH) of the Philippines. He is also well versed in database management, search engine optimization and web analytics. Mr. Esperanza is a graduate of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (University of the City of Manila) with a degree in public administration.
He has consistently given seminars, talks, special hands-on courses and training to different sectors of the field – from academics, government and non-profits, training outfits to businesses companies and organizations.
He is now currently a short term consultant for the World Bank Group involving a trust fund web project, and also presently focusing on launching a business company and expanding the consultancy services to include other web and digital solutions to include web hosting services and digital marketing.
What will Jerome talk about?
• Overview and Usage
• Difference between WordPress.Com and WordPress.Org platforms
• Showcase and Frontend Demo of both platforms
WordPress.ORG, the Content Management System (CMS)
• Getting to know WordPress.Org
• Navigating around the Administration Panel
• The Tool bar
• Screen Options
Pages and Posts
• Understanding the differences
Adding and Editing Content
• Creating your first post using the visual editor
• More on Posts
• Formatting text using the HTML editor
• Adding links to your posts / Opening a link in a new window vs. using the current window
• Adding images to your posts
• Adding a gallery of images
• Help, I changed themes and now my image sizes aren’t right!
• Adding video clips to your posts
• Setting posting and page options
• Post Formats
• Saving & publishing your post or page
• Post Locking/Unlocking Feature for Multi User Blogs
• Creating and managing your categories
Writing Pages and Structuring Them
Publishing Content Created by Other Contributors
• Creating link categories
• Creating links
Users and User Management
• Add and remove users
• Edit details of a user
• Manage the content created by a user
• Managing Options and Settings
Design and Themes
• Overview: Managing the Look & Feel of your website
• Theme Customiser
• Understanding and Using Widgets
• Custom Backgrounds
• Creating Custom Menus
Menus and Menu Management
• Defining a Menu
• Adding items to a Menu
• Deleting a menu item
• Customizing Menu Items
• Creating multi-level menus
• The Menu in Action
Great topics, right? I know that that two hour webinar will really be beneficial for you! And guess what? It only costs Php 500 per session. If you avail of all the 10 sessions, you get the 11th on Productivity and Time Management for free! So hurry and sign up now at: