I’m proud to be a WAHMEO — a Work-At-Home-Mom CEO! In this day and age, it is quite noticeable that women have risen to the challenge of owning businesses and becoming entrepreneurs. I remember, in the college that I went to, the entrepreneurship course was only offered to men. I heard that it is now being offered even to women.
In the US (based on the U.S. Census Bureau statistics compiled every five years) last 2007, there were 7.8 million women-owned firms. Among these businesses, 90 percent were small businesses. The statistics though for 2007 showed that women-owned companies grew at twice the rate (44 percent versus 22 percent) compared to the businesses owned by men (report prepared by the Economics and Statistics Administration). Here in the Philippines, we see a lot of women entrepreneurs, especially online, selling crafts, clothes and apparel, beauty products, etc. There are also more and more women who choose to run these businesses as a work-at-home-mom.
We still don’t have the numbers to prove it, but hopefully in the future, we will. I deeply believe that us, WAHMEOs, are geared to succeed. I think we can be as good a leader as our male counterparts. This is a good read from Forbes.com: 8 Strategies Successful Women Entrepreneurs Share with Their Corporate Counterparts This article may be pertaining to women in the workplace, but I think, the way they describe women here, her motivation and way of leading is what also makes us successful WAHMEOs.
We are inviting you to join our WAHMEO Blog Carnival. Prizes await the best blog entry!
1) Blog entries should stick to the theme, which is Why WAHMEOs are geared to Succeed. You can discuss and write about experiences revolving around these:
– Thoughts on WAHMEOs
– Your Experience as a WAHMEOs
– Why do you want to be a WAHMEOs
– Statistics on WAHMEOs around the globe
2) Please include the “WAHMEO Revolution” logo at the TOP of your carnival post and include the following paragraph as your first paragraph (Please feel free to copy the image of the logo on top)
“I’m participating in the WAHMEO Revolution Blog Carnival 2013, hosted by WAHMderfullife.com, MommyGinger.com and VASupportPro.com. We’ll be sharing our thoughts and experiences on being a WAHMEO. We will also be sharing our reasons why we want to be WAHMEOs. Please scroll down to the end of the post to see the list of link-up entries.”
3) Your blog entry for The WAHMEO Revolution Blog Carnival 2013 should be published on May 1, 2013 EST or no later than 9am on May 3, 2013 EST.
4) Please fill out the Blog Post Form no later than 9am on May 3, 2013.
5) Once we have the complete list of URLs, we will e-mail you back, so you can EDIT your blog entry to include the link list of the other carnival entries. With this, please send in your blog post URLs as early as you can.
6) We highly encourage you to visit the other participants of the The WAHMEO Revolution Blog Carnival 2013 and leave meaningful comments.
7) We will be giving away prizes for the best write-up. The prizes will include a $25 Paypal credit, a business book for moms in business, and one (1) full year FREE hosting of a WordPress site.
We hope that you enjoy this activity! More power to us WAHMEOs! 🙂