The first time I met Mariel from The Learning Basket, we talked about homeschooling, reading and raising children. I admire all of these homeschooling moms and their children. I’m thinking that it takes great discipline and effort to be able to go through the daily grind of teaching your children. Baby Zeeka is just 7 months and I haven’t really thought about whether I should homeschool or send her to traditional school. Before deciding, I know that I should look at homeschooling closely and learn more about it. That is why I’m excited for this homeschooling conference that is brought to you by Manila Workshops and The Learning Basket, and co-sponsored by Victory Christian International School, Digilearn Multimedia and Genyo e-Learning.
In this homeschooling conference, You Can Homeschool! Be Inspired, Be Informed, Be Empowered!, there will be different talks about homeschooling. The key speakers of the event, Thammie Sy, Frannie Daez, and Edric Mendoza, who have all found their calling in homeschooling their children will share insights and learnings. The event will be a whole day of learning on November 16, 2013, Saturday, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM at One Events and Café, One Corporate Center, Julia Vargas cor Meralco Ave, Pasig City. The fee is at Php 1200 per attendee or if you are coming a a group of two or more, the fee will be at Php 1000 per participant. This already included lunch!
You can sign up using this form:
Some highlights to look forward to are the following:
• Be inspired by our speakers as they share about homeschooling from the heart, developing the homeschooling mindset, and how to homeschool in the Philippines
• Testimonials from children who have experienced learning at home.
• An overview of the homeschooling providers in the country, and the various services that they offer.
• Intimate break-out discussions with homeschooling parents
At the end of this summit, the event hopes to inspire parents to take on an active role in the education of their child, whether they decide to homeschool or not. The event wants parents to be empowered with the inspiration and knowledge they have gained to take on the role of “teacher” in their homes.
One of the sponsors of the event, Bee Happy Crafts and Party Supplies, will be giving away these prizes to one lucky winner through my blog:
2 washi tapes
1 paper mache box
12 regular clothespins
5 meters baker’s twine
To add to this, Philippine Science Centrum is also adding two FREE tickets for the chosen winner.
All you have to do is join by following these steps:
1. Follow/Like Bee Happy Crafts in the following accounts: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
2. Like Manila Workshops on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
3. Like the Learning Basket on Facebook
4. Leave your name and email address as a comment below.
This giveaway will run from October 9 – 23, 2013. I will choose the winner on October 25. 🙂
Hope to see you on November 16 as we all learn together! 🙂
AND WE HAVE A WINNER! CONGRATULATIONS TO CARYN MORALES!